Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An ongoing thread here described a item that could be bought from a dealer to repair a sidelight holder where the tab has been snapped off.

Well, this is the part

View attachment 83869

Any member have a clue as to how this part should be used? Beats me:eek:

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
You can't buy just the tab as it's all part of the wired in bulb holder. I looked into it after our sidelight tab broke, just like they all do:rolleyes:

My garage removed the headlight, chamfered the hole that the bulb holder slides into, smoothed the bulb holder itself and applied white grease to both components.

As a result, the bulb holder slides in & out easy enough but still sits firm as needed.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Bet that part is what the bulb-holder fits in to hold it in place inside the headlamp ... it's definitely not a bulb-holder. Take it back and get your money back ... it's no use.

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
Bet that part is what the bulb-holder fits in to hold it in place inside the headlamp ...
It isn't even that.
The bulb holder just slides into a hole in the silver reflector.

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
It is a mounting for a 147/GT right headlight..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear Diary

Back in June 2008, Smaky gave some duff info..... and no-one noticed ;)

That should knock Haiti off the front pages.

Ah well, we'll put that one down to experience. Not really worth the trip to take it back, it was only 8 quid. Y'never no, might come in useful one day. It'll go in the cupboard with all my other Alfa bits and bobs.... never to be used and thrown away when I die.

All the best

Pub

1 - 6 of 6 Posts