Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I took my 156 in to have a knocking noise investigated. The garage said it was the ARB, which I agreed to have replaced.

Today I heard the same noise again, I called the garage and told them. They said to bring it in and they will have another look. This time coming out in the car with me to try and identify it.

I have already paid for the new ARB, which didn't fix the problem. Where do I stand on this? Should I be charged for incorrect diagnostics? They said they fixed the knocking noise they heard. How do I go about approaching this situation? :confused: Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks

·
0 Posts
Did they change the drop links at the same time? - do you know how old your wishbones are? (specially the lowers)

·
0 Posts
I assumed that was different prob - this thread is knocking, that one is rattling or is it the same thing? :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told by the garage they heard a knocking, being the ARB on the front suspension. As this didn't fix the noise I was hearing and the only noise I had ever heard, I decided to spend the next couple of weeks trying to identify when/how/what I could best describe it as. I believe it's more of a rattle... but I guess it could easily be a knock, pop or creak :lol:

·
0 Posts
..."knock, pop or creak" - sounds like a new Kellogs cereal :lol:

Best to keep it to one thread though mate :D - looks like you are getting 'proper' answers on the other one ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts