Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not strictly 147, 156 & GT related and the mods can move this thread if they wish.

I was on my way to work at 6am this morning when I passed a garage setup you can rent by the hour to service your own car. The site is www.pitstartgarage.com

I think it's a brilliant idea, they have about 20 bays and few with 4 post lifts and you can use their tools inclusive. It does look a little pricey at £10 per hour for a regular bay and £20 per hour for a bay with a lift but if you need that facility then it's priceless.

Anyway it's the first time i've come across it and i thought I would share the info.

·
0 Posts
Was posted a while back - I think it's a cracking idea - hope it spreads 'up nawf' too :) - working on the underside of the car on the drive isn't ideal :lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think this is a fab idea, all my work is done on a driveway with a gazebo when the weather is bad, I would use this if it was local enough. A+++++

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where, exactly are you located? I can't find that info on the website :confused:
We're hoping to get up and running by the summer in Trafford Park close to all the wholesales such as EuroCarParts, GSF Parts etc

As soon as anything is definite we'll let everyone know, mainly trying to judge demand at the moment

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
@bobda Sorry I'm not in a position to advertise yet as the company isn't even setup yet. I was just hoping to gauge any future demand to see if it's a viable opportunity.

Didn't mean to cause any offence

DIY-Garage. Aka John :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Car Mechanics magazine had a story some time back about such set ups. Great idea and so much better than the drive outside the house. Sadly not available over here, well certainly not in the north west. At least I get to use my neighbours two post wheel free lift in his garage :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Car Mechanics magazine had a story some time back about such set ups. Great idea and so much better than the drive outside the house. Sadly not available over here, well certainly not in the north west. At least I get to use my neighbours two post wheel free lift in his garage :)
Interesting, don't suppose you have a copy of the article you could scan and post up the pics?

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts