Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My blue soft top is starting to fade a bit and I'd heard good things about Renovo, anyone else used it and are there any alternatives that are better?
Cheers

·
Registered
343 Posts
I used some hood treatment from Sonax. Came with some brushes and sponges etc. After 2 years the water is still beading off

·
Registered
135 Posts
Saw a bloke applying it at a show, to be honest it did not look too good but it might have improved once dry. Might be worth checking if it will bring the colour back or just add a waterproofing coating. Might be worth checking what the pros use on high end stuff.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I used Renovo colour restorer (black) and it gave good results on two old tops. I eventually got new tops but the Renovo gave the old ones a new lease of life for a while.
The Renovo polish for the plastic rear screen is excellent, it really does work well.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I used Renovo colour restorer (black) and it gave good results on two old tops. I eventually got new tops but the Renovo gave the old ones a new lease of life for a while.
The Renovo polish for the plastic rear screen is excellent, it really does work well.
+1 on this ,have used the renovo on a late 90's boxster and a BMW Z3 my wife had for a spell and it really does take years off the top, they also do a fabric hood protector, so it's worth buying the kit with the shampoo,restorer,and hood protector and doing the lot, the rear window cream takes a lot of time and patience as its only very mildly abrasive but if you are prepared to invest a good few hours then you should get a fantastic result.:thumbup:

good luck!

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,576 Posts
I have been using Renovo for 10 years, on wifes Saab, then her 939 Spider, I've used it on the S2 and we used it on the boat spray hood. No complaints. Is there something better? I'd be interested to hear.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ive not used this product before but have heard good reviews.. What I used is the autoglym hood cleaner which is excellent. It removes so much dirt and leaves the hood looking much nicer (brings the colour back out) then you use the conditioner which water proofs the hood. works really well.

I thought Renovo was more like a re dye for badly faded hoods?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive not used this product before but have heard good reviews.. What I used is the autoglym hood cleaner which is excellent. It removes so much dirt and leaves the hood looking much nicer (brings the colour back out) then you use the conditioner which water proofs the hood. works really well.

It is fading but from what your saying it might be enough just to clean it?

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,576 Posts

Renovo has three restoration products. A cleaner, a coloured dye (black or blue) and a sealer/UV protector/waterproofer. Check Amazon for the best prices.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've used it many times Martin on both spiders and is great as a colour restorer. The hood on the S4 was grey and is now jet black and looks new. The waterproofer is very good too! :thumbup:

By the way, if your rear window is badly clouded then try metal polish such as autosol, it works a treat!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yep my hood was fading slightly, but I decided to clean it first and I was surprised how it turned out... It looked good so I did not go down the renovo route..

I would say clean it first with either auto gym or renovo cleaner and then decide from there.? post some before and after pics...

It is fading but from what your saying it might be enough just to clean it?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK thanks y'all - think I'll go down the Renovo cleaner route to start with and see what it looks like then try the colour reviver if it needs it
Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts