Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, got my renewal advice from Chris Knott today for the 166. £423.99 with 7 years no claims and a £100 excess.

Tried the AA £402.55 with a £150 excess
Direct Line £487.20 with a £100 excess
esure £541.78 with a £150 excess :eek: what planet are they on :eek:

tried Adrian Flux, they quoted £451.74 with £100 excess

So I had a quick word with CKI and they will do £414.99 keeping the excess at £100 and I'm happy with that. Just waiting for the papers in the post.

You have got to watch the way they quote. This voluntary excess on top of the compulsory is new to me this year. Very cheeky as initially it looks as if that is the excess until you realise its on top of a standard and compulsory figure.

So sorry Adrian Flux, I tried but you couldn't help :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Similar situation to us recently then Gibbo. AF were great at emailing the policy docs / schedule through to us so we could check the small print but CKI weren't and only agreed to fax the stuff though after much badgering:(

Your quote does see quite high though (not knowing your driving history, postcode etc. of course).

I pay under £400 for mine with a 20K limit, business use, me & her to drive etc.

Clare only pays £500 for similar cover on the group 19 GT :cool:

We both have boring jobs though (read responsibe) but Clare's under 35 :eek:

Cheers,

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, the AA rang me this morning and said they had noticed I had taken an online quote, could they take a bit of my time to see if they could better it.

Oh alright then says I. Why didn't they give me their best quote yesterday then ????

Armed with new quote from the AA I approached Chris Knott and offered them the chance to match it.

They gave me a new quote of £399.99 so I went for it.

BUT, I would rather they gave their best quote first time off. I'd have a lot more respect for them :(

It seems, by the way, that a Luton post code is the same as one in Beirut hence the highish quotes compared to other parts of the country.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
It seems the concept of "best" is different in insurer land. I think they intrerpret it as best for them not for the insured - who they will do everything possible to leave disappointed should they have the misfortune to make a claim. Or am I too cynical.:confused:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I have just been on the phone with chrissknott and have to say very impressed.

Beat my other quotes by 10% and they were half what AdrianFlux quoted !!

Means I will be paying about 850 on my new Spider, which for me is a result. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts