Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain why my insurance premium has increased by £50 for this year even though I have an extra year No Claims, total 8 years now and nothing else has changed?? :(
Surely it's meant to decrease :confused:

After a bit of ringing around, Elephant came in slightly cheaper, so AF knocked a bit more off for me making them the cheapest again :thumbs: but it's still close to 10% increase over last year!

Am I to expect the same next year? God knows what it'd be if I didn't have a no claims discount :eek:

·
AO Traders
593 Posts
Can anyone explain why my insurance premium has increased by £50 for this year even though I have an extra year No Claims, total 8 years now and nothing else has changed?? :(

After a bit of ringing around, Elephant came in slightly cheaper, so AF knocked a bit more off for me making them the cheapest again :thumbs: but it's still close to 10% increase over last year!

Am I to expect the same next year? God knows what it'd be if I didn't have a no claims discount :eek:
Hi there

If you would like for me to arrange a call back, feel free to pm me your full name, reference number and contact telephone number.

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine increased by roughly £200. I have 6 years NCB, nearly 25 and married. Putting my wife as a named driver reduced it by about £150, even though she hasnt driven for 3 years and only owned a car for 6 motnhs before that. Its crazy. Elephant came out best, even after calling the ones that honour Alfa Owners Club. They all said it would be much better when I am actually 25 (thats less than a month). This time next year I should be able to get a V6 for the same insurance.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine increased by roughly £200. I have 6 years NCB, nearly 25 and married. Putting my wife as a named driver reduced it by about £150, even though she hasnt driven for 3 years and only owned a car for 6 motnhs before that. Its crazy. Elephant came out best, even after calling the ones that honour Alfa Owners Club. They all said it would be much better when I am actually 25 (thats less than a month). This time next year I should be able to get a V6 for the same insurance.

ouch, a bit more increase than mine!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

Maybe the same person can explain why mine has went from £474 to £676 with Direct Line when i have 10 years no claims now! Infact when i rang up the explanation i got was it was due to the bad winter we've had. Ive been through every comparison site etc and the one comapny that was miles cheaper was AXA. The thing was you couldnt get monthly instalments but ive bit the bullet and paid it in one go. For the record the premium was £431 with NC Protection, Legal Cover etc for my MiTo 155 Veloce. Ive saved a fortune compared to the other quotes!

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
There was a bloke on telly tuther day saying why prices had gone up . Even tho there were fewer claims made last year Insurers were paying out more on claims because more and more people are claiming for whiplash and other injuries aswell as for damage to the vehicles .
So the amount people are claiming for has risen .

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Mines just increased with SAGA! :(: Must be because I've nearly clocked that three score years and ten! I need to get a younger birth certificate with an alias maybe? :D

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was a bloke on telly tuther day saying why prices had gone up . Even tho there were fewer claims made last year Insurers were paying out more on claims because more and more people are claiming for whiplash and other injuries aswell as for damage to the vehicles .
So the amount people are claiming for has risen .

I read about that, and the increase in false claims :mad:

It seems I've got away lucky with a £50 raise :rolleyes:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I used a comparison site just over a month ago to estimate how much I would need to renew, then when I did it again yesterday it had risen by £75 without changing anything.

Sometimes I wish I'd gone for a 1.6 being 21, rather than a 2.0... but then I come to my senses :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts