Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I have received facebook message from a man who is behind organising so called RENEGADE RUN.
Basically it is an road trip just for pure fun from point "A" to point "B" with bunch of car enthusiasts.

Anyways what so special about this one is that they have plan heading to Hoath harbour which is on the coast down below Dublin & incorporating the Dublin tunnel for a tunnel run.
So I was just wondering maybe someone here would be interested in joining us on 23rd of October ( Sunday )

This is all the details I have for now
I'll let you know if I get new info hopefully soon...

Let me know what do you think about this

Cheers :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi everyone
I have received facebook message from a man who is behind organising so called RENEGADE RUN.
Basically it is an road trip just for pure fun from point "A" to point "B" with bunch of car enthusiasts.

Anyways what so special about this one is that they have plan heading to Hoath harbour which is on the coast down below Dublin & incorporating the Dublin tunnel for a tunnel run.
So I was just wondering maybe someone here would be interested in joining us on 23rd of October ( Sunday )

This is all the details I have for now
I'll let you know if I get new info hopefully soon...

Let me know what do you think about this

Cheers :)
Please elaborate the concept of "car enthusiasts"...I feel there's a marked difference between technically clued in, mechanically and aesthetically appreciating owners of well-cared-for-cars, and hoodie wearing troglodytes scooting around in "slammed" shopping trolleys with a "coo" valve, sunstrips and subwoofers the size of Utah :biglaugh:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Few photos form the Renegade run 3

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll drive through Dublin area that's why I thought maybe to let you guys know here as well....
I'm going anyway just can't resist tunnel ride haha ;-)
And yes you guys in Ireland have tough live because of bloody road tax costs...

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
We'll drive through Dublin area that's why I thought maybe to let you guys know here as well....
I'm going anyway just can't resist tunnel ride haha ;-)
And yes you guys in Ireland have tough live because of bloody road tax costs...
Sounds cool!
Just bear in mind that there are speed cameras in the tunnel now....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just received message from the RENEGADE guys
Here is the message...

"On sunday 23rd October meet same place as last time at the Sprucefield Park n Ride & leaving around 11 ish to go we blast to Hoath harbour which is down below Dublin & we will be using the Tunnel aswell so there will be Toal charges & get a bite to eat somewhere aswell. IF times are anything changes we will let u know thanks"

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
Just so it's clear to anyone making it down from the North, the name is Howth and if you find yourself below Dublin you've gone too far. Don't want you guys to get lost! Howth is a lovely place but it isn't very car-friendly. The access roads on both North and South sides of the peninsula are usually slow and highly controlled.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just so it's clear to anyone making it down from the North, the name is Howth and if you find yourself below Dublin you've gone too far. Don't want you guys to get lost! Howth is a lovely place but it isn't very car-friendly. The access roads on both North and South sides of the peninsula are usually slow and highly controlled.
Not to mention crammed with pensioners and their TDI Octavias:)vomit:) on a Sunday...

Got visitors so unlikely I'll "entertain" them with some convoy driving, but might hang around the area to see if I can catch you guys going by - don't live far away :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys just to quickly let you know that I won't be going tomorrow. My car is having bad mood after clutch service.
Clutch pedal is sticking almost every time, gear change is not smooth, rev counter goes up when pressing pedal, when releasing gas pedal at around 3.000 rpm the car behaving like you would press break pedal!. Car is all shaking when I release slowly clutch pedal on first or reverse gear :( I think it's not save to drive anywhere especially all the way to Dublin.
I will have to pay another visit at the garage :(

·
Administrator
87,322 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tomorrow isn't the 23rd it's the 16th ;)

Hope you get your 156 sorted.
buahahaha yeah it is 16th today LOL I mixed up days LOL

maybe there is an chance that I will go :D

Thanks, yeah I'm hoping too that my car will finally be driving like it should :/

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got another message form the RR guys

Plan is down 2wards Dublin & regroup at the last Applegreen at Ballbriggen then through the tunnel & on to Bray.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts