Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached are pics of my Remus Exhaust finally fitted.

Its a little twisted at the mo, needs a slightly longer rubber on the right hand mount but I can live with that for a while.

Total cost including fitting £200 on the dot :)

At idle its got a nice rumble to it. At speed its no more louder than the standard backbox but the note is much deeper. In all it actually sounds quieter overall .....maybe that will change after its had time to bed in ???

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics of the clearance around the exhaust.

Oh and before anyone asks, no I didnt buy the registration plate to match ;) My initials are RST and X8 RST just looked good and also looked a little like XORST (Exhaust)

Plate might be worth more than I paid for it if I can find someone gullable enough :D

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
That is a tight fit - as long as the rear 2 rubber mounts are not too flexible (unlike the standard Alfa ones) then it shouldn't be too big a problem.

I had to replace the rear 2 on my exhuast 'cause it kept knocking against the bumper - not had any problems since.

·
Registered
361 Posts
looks cool. well done. ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
RIOT said:
Attached are pics of my Remus Exhaust finally fitted.

Its a little twisted at the mo, needs a slightly longer rubber on the right hand mount but I can live with that for a while.

Total cost including fitting £200 on the dot :)

At idle its got a nice rumble to it. At speed its no more louder than the standard backbox but the note is much deeper. In all it actually sounds quieter overall .....maybe that will change after its had time to bed in ???
Looks nice Riot. :cool:

I'm interested in the sound. Is it the classic Alfa rasp?
Or does it sound like a "riced-up" Honda/Toyota?Nissan etc. etc?

SS

·
Registered
391 Posts
Riot
Thanks a heap for that - I don't suppose there is any chance you could repeat the excercise with the microphone to the side of the exhaust outlet?! There is a fair bit of distortion from what sounds like the exhaust gases blowing straight onto the microphone!! Sounds good, though - quite bassy.
SS
Hmmm, I'm tempted... :p

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was from 3 inches below the exhaust :D

I made quite a few clips but that was by far and away the best. I was using a headset/boom mic which is intended for voice use so I dont think it will get any better sos :(

U

·
0 Posts
RIOT said:
That was from 3 inches below the exhaust :D

I made quite a few clips but that was by far and away the best. I was using a headset/boom mic which is intended for voice use so I dont think it will get any better sos :(
How loud is it from inside the car? I'm after something with a nice rumble but not intrusive.

Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not intrusive at all !!

When you start the car your reminded its there by the deeper note, but as speed increases the noise decreases.

So much so that on one very very smooth road I know of I slipped it into 4th doing about 35~40mph and had to double check the engine hadnt cut out because it was so quiet :)

In the 147 there is a central box aswell and more noise comes from that than from the Remus backbox

Overall the note is much deeper but noise levels do not increase

U

·
0 Posts
excellent news, remus it is for me then. I've seen a couple of places online to order from. Where did you get yours?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered mine from a place called tyre dynamics, but all they did was send the order straight to Austria same as any company.

T

·
0 Posts
Are there any noticeable performance gains from this?
I'm guessing this is just a back box with this only costing £200...

·
Registered
93 Posts
uklech24v said:
How loud is it from inside the car? I'm after something with a nice rumble but not intrusive.

Thanks
I was looking for the same a nice rumble, something to compliment the engine not overpower it. So I've only replaced the tailbox and not the rest of the exhaust and it seemed to do the trick perfectly for me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I doubt it, as I say I only bought it for asthetic reasons, if it gives any performance gains then there probably negligable

1 - 18 of 18 Posts