Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know how to remove the front bumper from the mito. I need to change my lights as my new ones came today, so i would be greatful if anyone had any ideas on how to take it off and remove the lights! :) Thanks!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hi mate not fully had the bumper off but im pretty sure theres bolts in the arches, along the top of the of the bumper under the bonnet and under the bumper itself. Be careful when taking it off as the brackets that hold the bumper on are very weak, the dealer that shall not be named that resprayed my car snapped these but didn't tell me but they've progressively got worse, the bumper is virtually hanging off now lol, however if you do snap them i got a new pair of shop4parts for only £15 with postage :thumbs:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi mate not fully had the bumper off but im pretty sure theres bolts in the arches, along the top of the of the bumper under the bonnet and under the bumper itself. Be careful when taking it off as the brackets that hold the bumper on are very weak, the dealer that shall not be named that resprayed my car snapped these but didn't tell me but they've progressively got worse, the bumper is virtually hanging off now lol, however if you do snap them i got a new pair of shop4parts for only £15 with postage :thumbs:
Hi Mito01, my MiTo is about to be taken in to be resprayed and they said they have to remove the front bumper. After reading your comment I am quite concerned. Which Alfa dealer did you go to?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi :) So the ones on top of the bumper and ones under the arches? I take it i will have to remove the arch lining to get at them?? :confused:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Hey Ben, did you manage to fit the headlights yourself or did you get a garage to do the job in the end? I have some headlights on there way, so am wondering what the best option is to fit them. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
when you remove the bumper be careful not damage the plastic clips on the wings.They are very easy to break and if you do the bumper will stick out just take your time and push down all the clips before pulling to remove

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bumper bracket

Are you talking about the black brackets, about 15cm long which are under the front wing panel when the bumper has been removed as I think mine have been damaged from when I removed my bumper as it now sticks out a little?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts