Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered a few times and i know a few have removed the cat and still pass mot.. But I've just found this and now this has put me off removing mine as was going to go straight from downpipe from turbo

See pic 1st item!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Just keep your main cat and refit for mot,can swap mine out in about 30 minutes if needed, pre cat will not get seen so won't be checked.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So buy decat front turbo pipe and centre and refit centre as when is needed?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
That'll do it.

The front downpipe is almost completely hidden behind heat shields and under-trays, so the tester will more than likely not get eyes on it...

Even if they do see it, they'd still have to know this car came with 2 cats from the factory... as the main cat in the centre pipe is bleeding obvious!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That'll do it.

The front downpipe is almost completely hidden behind heat shields and under-trays, so the tester will more than likely not get eyes on it...

Even if they do see it, they'd still have to know this car came with 2 cats from the factory... as the main cat in the centre pipe is bleeding obvious!
This the process i will take

·
Registered
158 Posts
Comw service time I am planning on removing the cat from the turbo as well. As other have stated it is pretty much impossible to see that area with the undertray and heatshield in place.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is exactly what I'm doing after mot in February

But i'm removing all cats and backbox

1 - 10 of 10 Posts