·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Hi,

Remove radio (make sure you have the security code), remove ashtray, unscrew the philips screws and 2 small allan key screws in ashtray/radio recess (there might be a couple under the gearstick gaitor as well, come to think of it...). This should detach the centre console fascia.

The gauges are a three-in-one module, held in by a two or three philips screws. There are two plugs at the back to disconnect as well.

I've got a set of white-dial gauges from a 2.0TS, but I don't know if they'll suit the V6...

Cheers,

Iain

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Hi,

Remove radio (make sure you have the security code), remove ashtray, unscrew the philips screws and 2 small allan key screws in ashtray/radio recess (there might be a couple under the gearstick gaitor as well, come to think of it...). This should detach the centre console fascia.

The gauges are a three-in-one module, held in by a two or three philips screws. There are two plugs at the back to disconnect as well.

I've got a set of white-dial gauges from a 2.0TS, but I don't know if they'll suit the V6...

Cheers,

Iain
I would imagine there the same on the V6

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is related to another thread which this issue is following on from: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/171183-156-v6-faulty-thermostat-or-waterpump.html

The problem at hand is a temp gauge warning light that prematurely lights up, and does so gradually according to the temp of the engine.:confused:

I have never done any work on/in the dash before and need a some advice on how to get to the back of the temp gauge to investigate this nuisance of a problem.
Hi Norseflyer

Found this very useful step by step guide on removing gauges

HERE:
Pretty easy following this guide used it myself to take temp gauge out

All the best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts