Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First, I'm new around here -and not a native english speaker-, haven't introduced myself yet, but I'll sure do that this evening !

Onto my question, let me explain: one of the fastenings of the passenger headrest somehow failed, causing the headrest to make vibrating noise, which is a bad thing for my mental health :rant: . I'd like to try and fix, but I can't figure out the following:

How do I snap off the lower part of the seat cover (on the back of the seat) ?

Maybe the picture will help (not my car even though it's got the same incredibly gorgeous interior :inlove: )

The arrow shows where I'd want to snap off the seat's cover in order to try and reach for the fastenings.

Thanks for your help ! :thumbs:

L

·
0 Posts
there is a flexible plastic edge that folds in & up into a 'U' shape channel which locks the plastic & cover into place. Some gentle use of a flat headed screw driver will aid removal of this U lock.

Does that make any sense? If you remove the seat & turn it upside down you'll see it better. The seat is held in place by 4 6mm allen headed bolts, 17mm bolt thro the seat belt & wires for the airbag system. be sure to disconnect the battery [ have the radio code organised ] for 15 min's before working at the airbag connection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a flexible plastic edge that folds in & up into a 'U' shape channel which locks the plastic & cover into place. Some gentle use of a flat headed screw driver will aid removal of this U lock.

Does that make any sense? If you remove the seat & turn it upside down you'll see it better. The seat is held in place by 4 6mm allen headed bolts, 17mm bolt thro the seat belt & wires for the airbag system. be sure to disconnect the battery [ have the radio code organised ] for 15 min's before working at the airbag connection.
It makes perfect sense :), I thought this would work like this but I would not want to break anything :D. I'll try this tomorrow and will let you know !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts