Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Troops,

I may have imagined this, but am I right in thinking that there is a product that can take light scratches out of glass? I noticed today there are some marks on the inside of the passenger's side window so I wonder whether in the past, some Doris scuffed it with a ring or something.

Appreciate any recommendations :beer:

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
I've used cerium oxide polish with an electric polisher (DAS PRO 6) to get rid of windscreen scratches. No reason why it shouldn't work for side windows. It's hard work and takes a while.

V

·
0 Posts
Troops,

I may have imagined this, but am I right in thinking that there is a product that can take light scratches out of glass? I noticed today there are some marks on the inside of the passenger's side window so I wonder whether in the past, some Doris scuffed it with a ring or something.

Appreciate any recommendations :beer:

What are you doing with married women in your car, and why are they trying to escape? We need to know, g!

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,343 Posts
Moved thread to here.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I have similar on the rear passenger side window, now I've tinted the windows it's really obvious. Read somewhere it was very common on a load of them when they arrived, no idea why

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
988 Posts
It depend on how deep the scratch is, if it is minor then it probably could be polished by machine, no chance by hand. For deeper marks it might be a lot easier to get a replacement window.

Glass does not transmit heat very well and so care needs to be taken to ensure the glass does not distort whilst polishing. My other suggestion is, if you do intend polishing then cover up the rest of the car, polishing glass with a rayon pad is a messy operation

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
It depend on how deep the scratch is, if it is minor then it probably could be polished by machine, no chance by hand. For deeper marks it might be a lot easier to get a replacement window.

Glass does not transmit heat very well and so care needs to be taken to ensure the glass does not distort whilst polishing. My other suggestion is, if you do intend polishing then cover up the rest of the car, polishing glass with a rayon pad is a messy operation
You want a product such as CarPro Ceriglass applied via machine (ideally a rotary but a good DA should also do it) using a rayon polishing pad. You won't be able to remove minor scratches on glass by hand and if it's anything other than light scratches forget it.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks chaps - i might give that scratch doctor a try as suggested by Headgasket (thanks for that, mate :))

1 - 12 of 12 Posts