Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

So I'm trying to remove the rocker cover, as I believe I need to change the gasket due to a slight leakage of oil just by the dipstick.

I'm trying to workout how to undo the bolt which is on the far left, hidden behind the bracket. Do I need to take the cambelt cover off to access this?

Additionally, having removed the cover with 'Alfa Romeo' written on it, I tidied up around the coil packs (investigating really). As I'd undone everything else to try and remove the rocker cover, I think I may have dislodged the gasket, thus causing this small oil leak, I'm not sure how likely this is? After putting everything back, the car makes a chugging noise and I think it may be slightly down on power. I've made sure the spark plugs weren't over tightened, and found the left plug had a bit of oil on it but not much in the socket other than that.

What would you suggest as the next thing to try, given that these are the only things I touched and it was fine before hand! Typical person taking something apart and it not working properly afterward scenario! :paperbag:

All help is much appreciated, thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sounds like you are running on 5 cylinders. check the spark plugs and coil packs by disconnecting one at a time and listening to the engine sound. If it doesn't change when you unplug one of the packs then thats your culprit. the V6 is so smooth that its harder to notice a non firing cylinder than on other cars.

Regarding removal of the cover read this thread part of the way down. shows you how to remove the cambelt & rocker covers in detail.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motoring-images/151859-how-2-5-3-0-andamp-3-2-cam-belt.html

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll have a test with unplugging the packs this afternoon. If it turns out that that's the problem, what's my next step?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out it was the plug going from no. 5 to the fuel line that wasn't secured as I'd removed the metal clasp thing that secures it previously! Thanks for your suggestions anyway :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts