Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Sorry that this has been covered before but even after reading all the posts I can find I am still having trouble.

I am trying to remove the radio in my 147 (to install the Alfa iPod adaptor) and I can only get the radio halfway out as the cables at the back seem to be stuck behind the card/cup holder unit. So it seems I need to get the card/cup holder unit out. The problem is it won't come out, well at least not easily.

So I have the radio half out and the face plate off the card/cup holder but it seems reluctant to slide or pop out. I can shift it side to side so I don't think it's screwed in place. Do I just need to yank it out as others have suggested? if so it must require much more force that my little arms can muster! Or is there a catch or something holding it in place?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael.

·
Registered
266 Posts
it's held in with moulded spring clips, 2 at top and 2 at bottom, i pulled mine out, but you may need to use a thin screwdriver to release the clips

D

·
0 Posts
'odge a screwdriver in the side and prise it out, or just give it a good yank and it'll come out easy. No screws or anything to undo, it's all clipped in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your help, it is appreciated. The clips are pretty tough I discovered and it required quite some force to push it back in too. Everything is back together now and the dash looks untouched.

My iPod cable is running to the glovebox (down through the gap on the glovebox ceiling where the catch is) and is working a treat.

On an unrelated note, I better get to bed, got to get up at 4am (Australian time) to see if Hamilton or Massa win!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts