Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody have any experience / guidance of removing the front passenger seat or seat back in my 156.

I have some long / large boxes to accomodate on my travels next week (2.1m x 0.3m x 0.3m) and can only see being able to fit these in safely if I can remove the passenger seat / seat back only, which would be more desireable and hopefully easier to do and recover back to normal.

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Andy

N

·
0 Posts
Probably easiest to just unbolt the whole thing.
Have done it on other cars with no stress.

Watch out about disconnecting the airbags.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The front seat is almost impossible to split into 2 parts - I have a pair of old seats and tried this and eventually gave up.

The front seat unbolts very easy but then you have the airbag connector and seat belt. The seat belt will unbolt off the seat base after removing the seat trim but the airbag is a different problem.

Once you switch on the ignition with the seat airbag disconnected you will get a warning light which will require the dealer to reset even after the airbag is reconnected. Also ALL airbags will be off when the airbag light is on.

If you can cope with this then its about 1/2hr job to remove the seat.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Never had to remove an Alfa's, but the majority of other marques I've come across =4xbolts, mainly female hexagon headed, located top side of the rails/slide runners, that engage captive nuts on the floor pan members. Normally need to slide the seat back and forth a bit to access them all.:):

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
ZF....yes thats exactly the same with Alfa

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Pascs, thanks for the heads up on these issues.....much appreciated.
No problem mate :)

BTW I used to live in Ellon many years ago :eek:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
yes........but not sure if there is an easy to get to dealer in that area anymore :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
46,134 Posts
With an '03 model car, I wouldn't be surprised if his airbag system self-resetted.
Of course I wouldn't assume this is the case, but mine is an '03, and my airbag system has self reset on the couple of occasions I've had an issue (after I've given it a wiggle to sort out the connection).

Is it not possible to wind the seat back either all the way forward or all the way back and fit these long objects over the top of it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts