Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, need your help - couldn't find forum thread for it, so asking here.
How do you remove it from the attaching pipes/hose or can you just remove the sensor itself [on a 1.4 TB engine].
I want to give it a proper spray clean with a proprietary MAF cleaner. The engine is idling a bit rough. Car is 3 yrs old. Thought I give it a clean, as it solved this problem on my other cars. Hopefully it will do the same here. Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
mine had circlips on hose so bought clic r pliers off amazon to remove them.cost about a fiver makes job a lot easier as you can put back on with clic r pliers.then just pull hose off each end of sensor after unplugging it.i bought electrical contact spray from Halfords only three quid.mine is a 1750 tbi engine so not sure what yours is like but imagine they are same ish.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cause mine is a 1.4TB engine it appears that it has a solid tube/pipe from the exit of the heat exchanger & attached to the front of the sensor/MAF. see attached pics.
The top & rear hoses are circliped as you said. its the front that I'm not sure off [whether it is just a force fit or stuck on as one unit]. Don't want to mess up the arrangement if I should pull it apart. Other engines probably have it in a different location - not sure. Any ideas?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts