Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the tweeters be removed without taking off the doorcard? Do they need to be prised or twisted off perhaps? Don't want to give them brute force just yet without having the knowledge of the correct way to get them out.

thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did this yesterday as one had fallen into the door.

You have to remove the door card. The tweeters are pushed through the door card from behind, then the tweeter cover screws into it. This then creates a sandwich (tweeter, door, tweeter cover). This sandwich effect is all thats holding them in place.

All in all, took me about 40 mins to removed door panel, put tweeter back in place, reattach door card. I did have a friend to help hold the door card, so I didnt have to remove all the wires and to help me place it back in the correct position.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
As the n/s tweeter cover fell out on mine last Saturday i had a look, you will need to remove the door car to hold the tweeter in place and if i am correct the ring on the outside twists on and off.
Having said that i think it may be possible to free off the front edge of the card to get enough room to get behind to hold the tweeter in place, but as you will not want to damage the card i wouldn't try forcing it.
I'm leaving mine until later in the week so i'll see how goes and post it later if you haven't done yours.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK great. Thanks for this info guys. I'm not going to get around to this for at least fa few weeks so if you do give it a go Bidet I would appreciate your feedback. cheers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I didn't have to completely remove the door car to swap out my tweeters, just took out the screws out of the front of the door and bent it back a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts