Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there does any one the best way to remove the rear badge and the front grille badge please, as they look a bit tricky and i do not want to mke a mess of the grille

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just done my front badge on a series 2

1 open the bonnet and undo the three 7mm bolts that hold on the grill

2 using needle nosed pliers remove the 3 spring clips from the metal posts this will allow you to very gently bend the metal grill backa little

3 again using the pliers gently remove the 2 very small spring clips from the badge pins and once they are off gently push the badge out replacement is the reverse of the above ,watch the spring clips as the badge ones are very small

as the saying goes do this at your own risk

I have not done the boot badge so can give no advice on that

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I did this last year (front grille badge), do a search and you might find the the thread this was discussed on. The front badge has three pins which are held in place with tight metal fixings (as is the metal mesh itself too). If money isn't too tight I would strongly advise just buying a whole new grille as it's so much easier to fit than a new badge. You run the risk of damaging the chrome surround of the grille (or the bonnet if you have a P1) by trying to prise the old one off, and fixing the new one with the three fixings to ensure it's properly secured is very difficult. Most people glue their new badges on, but the glue had better hold as you wouldn't want that flying off onto the windscreen at high speed...

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
There is a very good guide on here about the rear badge replacement, I'll see if I can find the link. A bit of a fiddly job I'm afraid, being double jointed would help !

Another way of removing the front badge is to drill a hole through the old badge. You then put some kind of home made metal hook through this hole and then pull the badge off. Does work and no risk of any damage at all.

When fitting the new badge use something like Araldite to fix, do not depend on the self adhesive, could get expensive ! :eek:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here's the guide. I think that there may be others, spend some time and do a search if you want more info.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/118813-the-miesters-pictorial-gtv-boot-badge-guide.html
I did mine just this weekend gone. The boot was the easiest out of the two. The Bonnet took me about 15min and the Boot 10min.

Just a note of advise for the boot in the thread above CooK1E gave excellent advice that will shave alot of time of. He also placed a modified picture of how to remove it with ease. After reading the instrautions and looking at the pictures scroll down to CooK1E's input with the Pic.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info guys its really been useful and my phase 2 looks soo much better now with the new badges

thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts