Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Whats the best way to remove the front seats? I started taking the screw out at the bottom and heard something fall down underneath... is that right?

also,

I guess i should take the battery out before I remove the steering wheel? I dunno, some advice would be great! Im trying to give the gtv a minor renovation!

Seems like everything I do ends up costing me way more money because I keep breaking stuff! im scared next thing is the bloody airbag will fly out and knock me out or something!!!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I don't think its too hard, mostly removing bolts etc. 4 for each seat afaik. Not so sure about the wheel though.

Check some of the pages from the workshop manual

If you search this forum you will find the thread with the download.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant get the first bolt back in though, as i took it out, something underneath dropped :S so ive been scared to take the other 3 out incase i cant get them back in either

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
In that case you probably lost one of the bolt fixings (square shaped clip like nut) and thats why the bolt wont tighten.

I would certainly check the workshop manual out to see if you can get in and get that fixing back. Or alternatively you could buy another nut or fixing that fits. as for stopping them from falling when taking the bolts out I'm not so sure never tried this myself. Although I would also like to know I'm considering refurbing my seats at some point.

J

·
0 Posts
first off....disconnect the battery......

then look at the seat runners, you will see a allen key bolt on each runner near near both ends...

I would start by undoing the front ones, then slide the seat forward to undo the last 2 rear ones.

dont forget to undo the seat connector for the airbag light that is under the seat....

the steering wheel is different, i will post a link to a thread when i did mine, it will be easier :thumbs:

about halfway down this page you can see how an airbag goes back together, to get it off would be the revers of this

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/151591-my-spider-2.html

i am sure there are pics there of the seat mount points

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awsome! that would be great.
ok i will get in there tomorrow and have a good look at the seats and see what i can come up with.

J

·
0 Posts
my steering wheel is an early Ph1, yours will be a 3 spoke wheel, the principle is still the same...

allow about 10 mins for the system to discharge any power before working on it :thumbs:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK i had a look today at my car and the reason i heard that "tink" noise is because theres a bloody hole where the bolt screws into!!! I guess over time that front corner has had a lot of presure and the bolt as actually ripped a hole in the metal... The previous owner apparently was really fat... but i never thought it would come back to bite me in the ***! How the hell am i going to fix this now!!! I have had a bad month with my car! First replacing the subframe... now this!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts