Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked up my Mito. A white Veloce TCT!

Now, that footrest is really annoying me, I would rather have the ability to stretch my leg a bit more. It also looks like it is made of quite some ugly plastic.

Can I just remove it? It looked like there was a bolt/nut on the side, maybe I just unscrew that and it comes off? What's underneath?

I haven't tried yet... ;-)

Leo

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
You can unscrew it but it hides a load of rammel which will be seen..

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Could I replace it with something else? Perhaps the equivalent panel for the LHD car?
That should work, but trying to get LHD parts here is a right mare unless you can get the
part number and a dealer who is on the ball

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
If you remove it you will end up with half the tunnel exposed :wow:
This is what you remove when you undo the bolt.

The alloy clutch rest was £ 23 from the dealers :thumbs: the pedals are £100 + :rant: ( though I believe they come with the distinctives now ).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i agree that the footrest looks cheap and plasticky, i covered mine with self adhesive carbon fibre look wrap (see pic) after three months it still looks great, don't know if the tct mito is different but i've found the footrest useful, especially on longer journeys, if you wanted a car without a footrest you could have bought a guilietta :)

M

·
0 Posts
I think the foot rest is a little closer than it needs to be. Just buy the metal pedals/rest to make it look better:thumbs: (they also come in red I think?)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've got the metal pedals on my Cloverleaf (paid for upgrade). I didn't realise they could do the clutch plate as well. Is it easy to fit? How much would a dealer charge to put on? Looks a lot better than the standard item. Certain areas like the footrest and the back of the rear seats are pointless cost-cutting measures and look cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I've got the metal pedals on my Cloverleaf (paid for upgrade). I didn't realise they could do the clutch plate as well. Is it easy to fit? How much would a dealer charge to put on? Looks a lot better than the standard item. Certain areas like the footrest and the back of the rear seats are pointless cost-cutting measures and look cheap.
I bought the pedals too, took longer to fit than the clutch rest :lol:

Dead easy, undo the bolt ease the whole assembly out, slot in and tighten bolt , I am president of the Destroy it Yourself society, took me all of 5 mins :thumbs:

T

·
0 Posts
I find footwear too close too, it will be modified when I get a day spare. I have some carbon fibre left from my large capacity which I made a bit ago

·
Registered
378 Posts
If you remove it you will end up with half the tunnel exposed :wow:
This is what you remove when you undo the bolt.

The alloy clutch rest was £ 23 from the dealers :thumbs: the pedals are £100 + :rant: ( though I believe they come with the distinctives now ).

Do you have the part number for the footrest metal cover? As when I look on the accessories website it seems to to only come with the brake, clutch and accelerator.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Do you have the part number for the footrest metal cover? As when I look on the accessories website it seems to to only come with the brake, clutch and accelerator.
Looking through invoices I think it is called side panel p/no. 0156094264 £19.89 ex vat .:thumbs:

Don't have a working ePer to verify ,sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Is this just for the metal foot rest plate? Or the plastic part?
It is the whole shebang , hence why my answer to O/P , you will end up with half the transmission tunnel exposed :wow:

If you look at my pics that is the old clutch rest, the new one is exactly the same but with the plate fitted.
For the purists it is originally a matter finish than the pedals.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks for the advice, ordered all up today, cost £149 for the pedals and foot rest. Got £600 worth of Alfa Romeo vouchers, so any other ideas what I can do with the rest?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please have a look at the photo attached. I managed to source this part from an Italian breaker. It looks similar, but smaller in size. Do you think this would work to replace the footrest? I am guessing it won't cover all of the space, and even worse, I am not sure how I would attach this in place...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts