Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AM sure this has been asked before but can find a specific post so aplogies if this has already been covered.

I am trying to remove the factory fitted headunit ( following a splash from the cup holder that killed it - i can only control it from the streeing controls and cant change the CD - Elvis as great as it is is wearing a bit thin...)

THing is i can remove the stereofar enough as the wiring loom seems to be very tight. The solution appears to be to remove the cup holder / change holder thing but i can see any way of removing this.

Aslo the fascia plate for the 55+ models appears to be double din incaiting that it would go around the cup holder thing however none of the instructions on the site say that this should be removed.

Would really appreciate some guidance - i have an old pioneer waiting to go in and a long trip to Holland planned for the bank holiday which would suck without music

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
There's no need to remove the cup holder. If you use the removal keys the HU should just slide out and then all you need to do is disconnect the wiring on the back - should be a five minute job.

Blaupunkt removal keys

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chill
I applied some brute force and the loom pushed out taking the cup holder unit with it ;o) Thanfully it all went back together.

Thanks for your help..all sorted now ..except the male female aerial adaptor which is required for the pioneer HU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts