Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:Sounds simple and in the manual says disconnect the electrical connector (A) release the bulb catch (B). Right, got the A bit ok, but I remember having this same problem with B about two years ago and resorted to forcing it out due to terrible access!
All I need to know is how to simply release the catch so I don't end up with with me lights all skew wiff again!? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Change all four of my headlight bulbs for Philips 100% brighter bulbs a couple of weeks ago - great improvement!

The bulbs are held in by spring clips, one each side of the bulb. You need to push these in (towards the front of the car) and away from the bulb, this should release and allow you to swing the clip downwards to allow the pulb to be pulled out. When you put the new bulb in ensure the 'tab' on the bulb is pointing up.

It's a bit fiddly but once you get the hang of it is not too bad. I replaced all four bulbs on mine in 30 minutes or so (but I do have small hands which helps!!).

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Change all four of my headlight bulbs for Philips 100% brighter bulbs a couple of weeks ago - great improvement!

The bulbs are held in by spring clips, one each side of the bulb. You need to push these in (towards the front of the car) and away from the bulb, this should release and allow you to swing the clip downwards to allow the pulb to be pulled out. When you put the new bulb in ensure the 'tab' on the bulb is pointing up.

It's a bit fiddly but once you get the hang of it is not too bad. I replaced all four bulbs on mine in 30 minutes or so (but I do have small hands which helps!!).

Good luck.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks loads pal! yeah so simple really, but I found myself squeezing the hell out of the top of the clip hoping it'd release, but now I know! nice one :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That diagram's very helpful too. I must bare that in mind when the question pops up again from someone else

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Yeah gotta agree with last comment, get a small mirror and a light and prop them behind the light, makes it 300% easier once you get used to moving your hands the opposite way to what your brain tells you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts