Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just a quick one, has anyone removed the chrome exhaust tip on their GT? If so, how did you go about it and was it easy to re-fit?

Mine is the single oval pipe rather than the double and I'm hoping to remove it so I can strip the paint from it... the previous owner decided this was a good look :thinking:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Hello all,

Just a quick one, has anyone removed the chrome exhaust tip on their GT? If so, how did you go about it and was it easy to re-fit?

Mine is the single oval pipe rather than the double and I'm hoping to remove it so I can strip the paint from it... the previous owner decided this was a good look :thinking:

Thanks
It's held on with a small weld and not the 'screw' type that's available now from Alfa plus they're a litte expensive if you buy OEM. I broke mine trying to replace the back box and due to the spot weld you might have to do the same to re fit it. The screw types are far easier to fit but for the price of an OEM chrome tip I'd be tempted to get a partial stainless system which has a similar tip and will outlast the cars life. But, if you can save it you make sure you show me how because it's a bugger to get it off. The bumper obscures the spot weld and if the exhaust is original it will be held to the centre pipe with a welded clamp, which I can tell you from experience is ON THERE!

:thumbs: Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, it does help in so far as making my mind up that I won't be attempting to remove it :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
It might just be me being unable to do things delicately but it's definitely worth a try, can it be done in situ?

:thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts