Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to fit a new double din HU to my Spider 939, got the Kenwood facia adaptor which has instructions on removing the centre aluminium facia. It tells you to remove the left and right vents using plastic wedges, beneath them are 2 screws which hold the dash but i can't work out how to get those 2 vents out, I've tried every wedge i can find, ran them round the edge of vent, tugged, pulled but can't find anything to release it.

Has anyone got any tips on how to release that aluminium panel or remove the vent please?, I'm in danger of needing one new vent and an aluminium panel if i keep going at it like i am :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, they are identical to the Kenwood pdf i was following and don't work :(

The use of a wedge is to be avoided, the vents have 3 retaining clips one at TDC the other 2 at 30º each side of the base, to release then you'd need 3 thin wedges in exactly the right position, trying to run a wedge around the vent will never do it and just damages vent or facia or both. I found the easiest method was to use a bicycle spoke, put the nipple end into the vent and try and hook onto an edge, be careful you don't hook the vertical deflectors, once you get an edge pull gently and vent will pop out. took me about 10 seconds like this after an afternoon messing with wedges plus a trip to a local deaer who fits car audio.

·
Registered
822 Posts
All I did was poke a screwdriver through the vent, push it to one side quite hard whilst pulling towards you, which draws the vent out.
No damage to to the vent or the facia panel:thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts