Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im just wondering if you can remove all the centre console panels and how, im looking to spray the panels if i can remove them all.
I know how to take out the headunit and cup/card holder. The lower 2 panels are the main issue (Climate control panel and the panel with boot and door lock buttons).

Thanks

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
after removing the cup/cardholder, you will find 2 upper screws securing the climate control panel.

this is from my GT (pic for other purpose) but you can see the Allen key screws:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL97/467659/19095446/291640646.jpg

i've had the climate controls 'out', and from memory it was easy enough. i don't recall any other screws below, but it should be obvious enough.

:)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after removing the cup/cardholder, you will find 2 upper screws securing the climate control panel.

this is from my GT (pic for other purpose) but you can see the Allen key screws:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL97/467659/19095446/291640646.jpg

i've had the climate controls 'out', and from memory it was easy enough. i don't recall any other screws below, but it should be obvious enough.

Thanks for the info:thumbs: , Last question... Is it possible to seperate the panel from the climate control?
I was looking at the panels this morning and the climate control rotating dials seem to overlap so it doesnt look like a simple pull off panel.
Has anyone changed the colour of their centre console? if i see some pics so i can decide on a colour..

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
the circular 'rings' on the the climate control pull off. i've not attempted to actually take the front cover trim off, but i presume it's do-able.

if respraying, you'll probably want to carefully 'mask' the areas where the 'writing'/ideograms are.

Reactions: Eckerslike

·
Registered
404 Posts
Has anyone changed the colour of their centre console? if i see some pics so i can decide on a colour..
No but I would be interested to see what you do so post some pictures when done. Why on earth would you want to change it though? I think it looks pretty damn good as it comes.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No but I would be interested to see what you do so post some pictures when done. Why on earth would you want to change it though? I think it looks pretty damn good as it comes.
Im not 100% on the colour yet.. I dont mind the colour of the original but i bought a fascia that is alittle off so might buy a new fascia or change the colour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts