Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Alfa owners!
I'm a lucky dane, who now has come to the point of rebuilding the Burman steering box.
It should of course have been done while the engine was out a couple of years ago, but
the Burman looked and felt OK at this time. Now I know there is no oil in the box, and there is play in the bushing. The Duetto comes from south Africa, that's the reason for the
RHD in a danish car (loving it!)
Do some of you know, how much is needed to remove in the engine compartment, to get the box assembly out? perhaps some other thread which describes this?(cant' find it)
I have found some good information on LHD cars.
Thanks for a great forum, in which I'm some kind of newbee.

Esecuzione Alfa Romeo nel Regno Unito è bello stile!

Duetto

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Lucky guy, a 67 duetto!

I cannot find any useful threads on removal of the box on a rhd car. Would imagine it is a major job as the pitman arm has to be removed, the steering wheel removed and the 3 mount screws on the box itself, then pulling it out with the column! (easier with engine removed, obviously, I would think, but you dont have this luxury)

However, this is a good description how to overhaul it once out, if you are up to it!
Burman Box Rebuild - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Hej Duetto.
Jeg er Alfa Spider (105) konsulent i den danske Alfa Klub og så dit spørgsmål.
Jeg har selv en Spider 1970 med Burman box. Jeg ved ikke hvor slem din er, men den kan justeres, hvis det mest er slør som er problemet. Under dækslet foroven sider nogle sims, ved at fjerne en eller flere af dem, fylde op med HD90 gearolie - hvis olie lækker ud, kan smørefedt bruges - kan man justere sløret væk.
Hvis der er andet i vejen med box'en, kan du købe en ombytnings box, hos flere af de sædvanlige leverandører - Stelvio i DK, Highwoodsalfa (er nok bedst med RHD og billigst) etc. - den gamle box skal returnes.
Hvis du har spørgsmål, er du velkommen til at kontakte mig, 42518055 eller email [email protected]
Alfisti hilsner
Erik Løye

Sorry to others, just explaning Duetto what to do in our daily lingo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts