1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
146 Posts
as far as i can see, around headlight is headlight. if you wanna take headlight apart, that would be quite a difficult task. guys attempted and posted about it on 'halo drl project' thread.

take a peek.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, right, I didn't realise that. Its because the matt black paint is coming away in places and showing the red paint underneath. So the easiest way is just to mask it up and spray it I guess?

·
Registered
196 Posts
its probably not the matt coming away revealing red....its probably over spray from a previous repair showing through (go the same on my mum's 159, but on mine its black through and through)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its not a repair to the car as such, the bumper and nose were resprayed due to the dreaded stone chips. So I guess the whole lot was sprayed red, and then the black bits painted black.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The black trim is actually part of the bumper and cannot be removed separately.
Not so. I noticed when cleaning around the top front member that by removing the holding Torx bolts, you can move the headlamp unit. The black facia surrounding the three lens is screwed in. And I checked the thread on halo lights. There is a picture that shows that the black facia, chrome surround and lights themselves easily seperate.
see: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/X5vw1Eb4q6h6XBaNR8-EK9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

So it is doable!
Now what would it look like with satin black light surrounds instead of that cheesy fake plastic chrome???

C

·
0 Posts
Not so. I noticed when cleaning around the top front member that by removing the holding Torx bolts, you can move the headlamp unit. The black facia surrounding the three lens is screwed in. And I checked the thread on halo lights. There is a picture that shows that the black facia, chrome surround and lights themselves easily seperate.
see: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/X5vw1Eb4q6h6XBaNR8-EK9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

So it is doable!
Now what would it look like with satin black light surrounds instead of that cheesy fake plastic chrome???
I think they are talking about the black plastic bit that sits under the lights - it is part of the bumper.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Oh OK - so the question stands (taking another thread off beam) ... what would it look like with satin black light surrounds instead of that cheesy fake plastic chrome???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts