Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a little go using my fingers but and Alfa being and Alfa there are bound to be some little plastic clips that snap if i apply pressure in the wrong place . .
Some how my car has developed a VERY annoying rattle at about 1500 to 2000 rpm. Being a diesel it vibrates quite a bit at those rpm and the rattle is getting annoying as hell. I have tried the standard fix - turn stereo up :D - but I can now hear it above the stereo.

Is there a certain way to remove the front interior light in the roof or will it just 'pop' out easilly?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
It does just pop out.
I took mine out once to try and fix the rattle and put some blutac into the offending bit.
It worked well for a while but then started rattling again.
I haven't plucked up the courage to take it out again yet because it does feel like it is going to break when you do it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David - I will give it a go tonight. It does appear to need a bit of force so I was just being wary of trying too hard.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Thanks David - I will give it a go tonight. It does appear to need a bit of force so I was just being wary of trying too hard.
It took me several attempts over several days before I pulled hard enough to get the light out.

C

·
0 Posts
Mine used to rattle as well - it was caused by the metal clips that go into the light unit (that hold it into the headlining) rattling around. I glued the clips into the light unit so they didn't move and it has been rattle free ever since.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found my rattle :) I popped the light out (push it from the back towards the windscreen and then pull it down over) and it was some sort of plastic spar above the roof lining. It was knocking against another plastic part. S sheet of A4 ripped in half and folded tight did the job. I will get around to placing some rubber strips inside sometime but the paper has worked for now. Really hi-tech . . :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts