Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I think I need to remove my glovebox, when I open it the box just crashes open instead of nicely floating down, there is a piece of cord hanging off at the top back of the box so I’m guessing this is part of the “damper”, any ideas welcome.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Ours isn't "damped" ....

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Always been like it and bought new. 2009 model.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
The glovebox in my 2010 QV is "damped"
When I open the glovebox it slowing gets fully opened.
How it works I don't know

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If you put your hand behind the glovebox there is a piece of wire with a small black plastic disc attached to it, the plastic disc has a little hole in it that snaps onto a tiny lug on the back of the glovebox housing, it might take a few attempts to connect it but when its attached it is a solid fit, had to reconnect mine when it came back from the car stereo fitters and they had disconnected it, if you search 'glovebox' in the search box above you can see other threads on this subject

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all, I was thinking that it must have been my imagination playing tricks on me, I managed to fully open the glove box but couldn’t find anything that made sense to me. I can see the disc with cord attached to it and it’s already on the back of the box but where does the cord go? I’ll do a search. 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts