Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I’m thinking of removing the rear anti roll bar on my TS to remove the rust and paint. Is it a simple matter of unbolting or are there any surprises waiting for me?
Many thanks
Ian

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
As far as I know it is as you describe... however undoing bolts that haven’t been undone for 20 years isn’t always easy. Be prepared to need to buy new bushes for the ARB and drop links which can be a pain to remove. I needed a nut splitter last time I did mine.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
As far as I know it is as you describe... however undoing bolts that haven’t been undone for 20 years isn’t always easy. Be prepared to need to buy new bushes for the ARB and drop links which can be a pain to remove. I needed a nut splitter last time I did mine.

View attachment 938603
I never knew there was such a tool as a nut splitter!! I'm going to buy one, any recommended brands?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I never knew there was such a tool as a nut splitter!! I'm going to buy one, any recommended brands?

I got something like this set. They seem ok and have managed to do what I’ve needed them to. Like with any tools, you get what you pay for. Ideally I’d go for Snap-on but unfortunately funds don’t always stretch that far.

Reactions: Phase3dude

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I got something like this set. They seem ok and have managed to do what I’ve needed them to. Like with any tools, you get what you pay for. Ideally I’d go for Snap-on but unfortunately funds don’t always stretch that far.

Brilliant! Ordered a set.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice,one other thing. Can I get the ARB out without removing the exhaust?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Not sure if exhaust needs removing, but you just need to get at the two clamps holding the arb to the subframe. There are two collars around the arb that stop lateral movement which rust pretty well.
Hope the pictures are of some help.
1602a.JPG 1346a.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts