Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone :D

I'm guessing Nev the guru will be the one to answer this...BUT

I've just gone out, put the air con on full blast, and there is no water eminating from the drain pipe in the engine bay (unless it takes longer than 5 minutes)

Ergo, it MUST be leaking into the cabin, So the question is..how do i remove a sufficient amount of the interior trim and carpet to get to it...as i'll be buggered if I know where bits unclip and knowing me i'll wrench something off and it'll all go horribly wrong.

I've checked this post about changing the entire interior trim by Wynne

But I don't think thats what I want to do..

Plus all these airbags absolutely scare the proverbial out of me, knee airbag, shoulder airbag, face airbag....

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Heat the car on Hi for 15 minutes until its absolutely boiling, then assuming the outside air is more than 5 degrees, stick in on low - this should get the condensate going, but in winter - its not going to produce much in an hour.

Difficult to check in winter, I dont think you can access the condensate tray to pour water down it to test.

·
Registered
946 Posts
It has been mentioned that you can see it if you pull of the r/h centre panel trim. I took this off to access the power to the cig lighter. You just give it a tug!

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right...i've removed the trim, and can now see down the back of the centre console... What I can see is as follows

The 12v airbag control unit, above this unit are two pipes, which I believe to be the in and out hot, for the heater matrix.
To the right of the console is a piece of rubber which looks like the gear gaiter for a 1980's Vauxhall Nova

Everything else I can see is of an electrical nature.

Also today, there is now a small pool in the drivers footwell.This was not there earlier in the week, and the air con hasn't really been used, other than my test earlier today.

The other thing i noted, is that it's only the floor sponge that is wet, any sponge around the console area above feet level is fine.

So what are we thinking?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh I should also point out, that as i was in the passenger footwell i could hear an interior 'dripping' noise, a plink plink plink..not all the time, and it was difficult to decipher given the outside rain noise...but definitely there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts