Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys it's being a while... but my 146ti still's here! I noticed theres a difference in the gap of the rear bumper in the left side. I know the bumper has guides on the sides but I can't find any manual that describes the process to take it off the car. I have the repair manual, complete but the page 40 is missing! (the one I need....).
Can any one help me on this? It's a 1st phase.

thanks!!!!

·
Registered
13,247 Posts
It's pretty simple. You just need to detach (ideally remove) the rear wheel arch liners (a couple of screws attach them to the car body and the bumper itself.

You need to remove the nut behind the top corner (one each side) of the bumper. There's a round plastic wheel - with a concentric bolt poking through it - which you can rotate to raise or lower the bolt and therefore the bumper height at that corner.

Garagiste alert: By now the bolt will be rusted solid to the nut so when you undo it, the wheel will rotate, or the bolt itself will rotate inside the wheel so you might have to cut the nut/bolt off with a Dremel. I would buy new parts to fit (grease them up too) so that they remain serviceable.

By rotating the wheel that may be enough to line up the bumper and Robert is your mother's brother.. but if you want to remove the bumper altogether, there are three bolts on the rear of the car / inside the boot shut. That's it really... 5 bolts and the liners (screws).

Ralf S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts