Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has any tips?
the car is a Giulietta and the part in question is the black plastic at the bottom of the rear bumper. I've must have gone over while waxing and now I've got 2 white marks which I cant get off. I did try scrubbing it and use water but no luck.

Would white spirit damage it even more?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
£22 for a small bottle seems a bit steep but, if it does the job I'll be happy as it is really annoying me

·
Registered
381 Posts
AG Bumper Care (the green stuff) should clean it; if not try Back 2 Black - apply both on a sponger rather than a cloth ;}

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I did try cleaning products with no luck, as soon as it gets dry the white mark re appear. I've actually heard of back to black before and forgot about it

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I've got white marks out using Back to Black just a couple of weeks ago on the wife's plastic bumper (Ford Kuga). That mark was paint sealant (Autoglym EGR) which had bonded on pretty well. Got it out just by spraying on Back to Black without buffing.

Should be able to use it to get wax off I'm thinking, though it might need a little elbow grease and a cloth if it doesn't come off just by spraying.

·
Registered
381 Posts
We have been invited to join the Mids MINI League (a like minded bunch) for the Autobrite Direct Detailing Day on 28th July

This will be held on the 28th July at Unit E2 Fenton Trade Estate, Dewsbury Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST4 2TE

Where their sponsor Autobrite Direct will be hosting a detailing day offering us tips and advice on the best way to clean our cars.

There will be lots of goodies for sale as well as the demonstrations.

Afterwards we'll pop to a local pub for a bite to eat.

Autobrite Direct - Home

so who's up for it?

C

·
0 Posts
Black shoe polish from poundland. Made my Transit bumpers/mirrors look brand new.(and I had wax marks on the mirrors).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts