Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've locked my 166 and when getting back I've noticed that the unlock was not working despite the led on the key was lighting up correctly.
Puzzled I've used the key to unlock the door and I was expecting the alarm to ingage but no siren started only the directional indicators.
I've started the car and the indicators went silent.
Now the car is not responding to the remote, do you have any suggestion?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine did the same thing unfortunately at the spring alfa day and I couldn't switch the alarm off as the remote key wasn't doing anything. I had to drive the 90 miles home with the alarm occasionally going off. Got home and tried the other key and its been fine ever since so if you're lucky it might just be the key and you can use the spare if you have it. Not tried to fix my other key yet so can't tell you what it is but it might just be the battery in the key.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the suggestion guys, I've an update.

After disconnecting the battery of the car for a couple of minutes (pointless excercise), I've disconnected the battery of the remote.

Surprise surprise, the remote locking and the alarm started working again.

Don't ask me why, seems completely unrelated (maybe it is).

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion guys, I've an update.

After disconnecting the battery of the car for a couple of minutes (pointless excercise), I've disconnected the battery of the remote.

Surprise surprise, the remote locking and the alarm started working again.

Don't ask me why, seems completely unrelated (maybe it is).
Once it's fixed who cares?
Re disconnecting the battery, sometimes overnight works wonders!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts