Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have lost one of my 156 keys and bought a new one with a remote lock from Alfa Romeo dealer
In order to program it, they have asked me to buy the code for the key which I did
Now they are telling me that they can not program it to open the doors remotely as they do not have the RF code for it and can not get it from Alfa Romeo
They have told me that I can only use it for the engine starter
Anyone can help me with? How can I get the RF code for my keys?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
It can be read from the receiver in the boot. What was the problem? They couldn’t look up the code or they looked up the code and it was wrong?

There are two separate 5 digit codes for the 156 one for the immobiliser and one for the remote. Only the immobiliser code appears on the code card the remote code needs to looked up separately.
I’ve run into a surprising number of occasions when the dealer doesn’t know this and has tried and failed to program the remote with the immobiliser code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It can be read from the receiver in the boot. What was the problem? They couldn’t look up the code or they looked up the code and it was wrong?

There are two separate 5 digit codes for the 156 one for the immobiliser and one for the remote. Only the immobiliser code appears on the code card the remote code needs to looked up separately.
I’ve run into a surprising number of occasions when the dealer doesn’t know this and has tried and failed to program the remote with the immobiliser code.
They have managed to order the 5 digit immobiliser but they have told me that they can not order the code for remote
What can I do?
That is the reason I thoght maybe there is a way to read it from the car or my other remote key

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello everyone, thought I would bump this post instead of creating a new topic.
I’m in the same situation as Yeche above, without bothering with clueless dealers. I’ve just purchased a full version of AlfaOBD with which I can program keys to be accepted by the RF remote receiver and alarm. I however need the 5 digit password, for remote locking function and alarm, not immobiliser.
Is there anyway I can obtain this/these without having to deal with a dealer. Car is a 2002 156 GTA.
Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
If you explain to the dealer what you need they should be able to look the code up for you straight away. My local dealers are incredibly helpful but think they can only get codes for cars registered within the country they operate.
It is possible to get the code from the receiver unit but you have to be able to read the memory from the receiver unit to get it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The code can be extracted from the remote locking ECU, but you will need to be fairly adept with a soldering iron, and reasonably good with computers. I've extracted mine this way, but I am a professional electronics and software engineer. I think there are devices on the market that let you get the memory dump, but they are not cheap. Almost certainly it will be cheaper to go the the dealer, and confirm the code is accepted by the remote ECU before you pay out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts