Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 166 v6 3.0 manual with one non remote key. just bought a 166 v6 3.0 auto 2002 with one working remote key. can i swap the key over to get a working remote and boot release? presume I need the edu and remote controller?

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
I have a 2000 166 v6 3.0 manual with one non remote key. just bought a 166 v6 3.0 auto 2002 with one working remote key. can i swap the key over to get a working remote and boot release? presume I need the edu and remote controller?

Thanks Steve
THIS IS JIST A GUESS.

Assuming (Sum times a BIG mistook but) the 2000 is the maroon original flip in vogue at that time it has the 2 buttons {Doors and Boot}.The 2002 I am assuming is the 2 button black flip key.

I would reckon BUT buy a spare case off of ebay . Transfer if suitable the blade from your working key and the immob chip or get the key cut .

Remove and swap the remote control unit located under the rear parcel shelf and swap with the one in the 2000 car.

IF all is A OK them you should have a working key that does the business.

Pomeo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pomeo. but the key I have has no buttons. just the plastic body and blade.

from the other thread. the seller had to get a key made up.

I'll look for the remote unit under the parcel shelf and seeing they both there.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Thanks Pomeo. but the key I have has no buttons. just the plastic body and blade.

from the other thread. the seller had to get a key made up.

I'll look for the remote unit under the parcel shelf and seeing they both there.
Yes , BUTT (Well Ewe Kem me Ken? :rofl:) That's the key you wanna replace is it not.

To Start the car all you need is the immob chip and the blade (Correct that is)

To Open the central locking you need the button key Which you have in car 2.

So IIRC as above IF you swap the remote receiver under the car 2 and stick in car 1 then assuming that's all that's required the key from car 2 will operate the locks and original non button key will start the car.

So IF that all works (BIG ASSUMPTION ON MY PART WITHOUT FULL KNOWLEDGHE OF THER SYSTEM) the all you need is the correc t blade on key 2 (The button one) Then if you buy the blank remote key off ebay Tranfer the guts and get a key cutter to cut the new blank key to the key whick manually operates the locks.

Well worth a bash .I think

Also I compared the @[email protected] key( The RED is the non flip wan Button.) with the black and exteriorly it looks identical.

Pomeo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts