Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My remote fob for my 156 seems very intermittant at the moment. sometimes it works, sometimes not. I haven't yet changed the battery but I thought once the battery goes, I will get no response whatsoever. The button does seem to feel a bit iffy. Are they prone act up, or has anyone else had the same problem. A battery change may well resolve but thought I would get some pointers in the meantime.

Ta Muchly

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Black one. Do I need to strip the whole thing down to get to the switch and where can I get a new switch from?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Theres a chap on e bay that repairs alfa keys, as long as the chip works to start the car, he can fix the rest he is on e bay as zaksystems i have used him he was very good

·
Administrator
47,057 Posts
That's Chris on here.
Personally, I'd start by replacing the battery. But if that doesn't work, he's your man.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Hi All,

My remote fob for my 156 seems very intermittant at the moment. sometimes it works, sometimes not. I haven't yet changed the battery but I thought once the battery goes, I will get no response whatsoever. The button does seem to feel a bit iffy. Are they prone act up, or has anyone else had the same problem. A battery change may well resolve but thought I would get some pointers in the meantime.

Ta Muchly
try the replacing the battery first they're only about £1.50 i had a similar problem with mine sometimes worked sometimes didn't, changed the battery 2 weeks ago and been fine since

·
Administrator
47,057 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts