Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The key fob still opens the boot remotely, but doesn't remotely unlock the doors anymore.

Presume its not a key remote problem and a receiver or central locking problem?

The key manually operates central locking (when I put it in the lock).

Anybody know if it could be fixed without going to a garage if a sensor problem?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Check condition of the switches on the main board, you'll need to open the key up to do this.

Occasionally the switches have a tendency to break or come away from the board, can be repaired/replaced if you're handy with a soldering iron, or there's people on here who can repair it for a small fee, do a forum search and I'm sure some names will come up.

As the lock and unlock buttons are used more than the boot, I'd guess this might be your issue

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check condition of the switches on the main board, you'll need to open the key up to do this.

Occasionally the switches have a tendency to break or come away from the board, can be repaired/replaced if you're handy with a soldering iron, or there's people on here who can repair it for a small fee, do a forum search and I'm sure some names will come up.

As the lock and unlock buttons are used more than the boot, I'd guess this might be your issue
:thumbs:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Did mine after getting 2 switches for 99p, you need eyes like the proverbial sh*t house rat to solder it in though. And a steady hand! Lot better than £200+ from the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts