Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Anyone else having intermittent problems with the remote locking?... works sometimes but not others...have changed the key to rule out battery issues but apart from that...
Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've noticed an issue twice (in the same parking garage, but I'd guess that is incidental). The remote won't lock, even when I'm very close to the car. Just opening and closing the driver's side door fixed it, but I've not tried replacing the remote battery. Happened months apart though...

Previously had intermittent issues with the passenger side door not unlocking but that was fixed by dealer under warranty by replacing the lock in the passenger side door.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi, this was just another reason which decided the fate of my Gqv. Pressed the button and nothing at all it seemed to be getting worse and worse. As my car was coming to the end of the warranty I couldn't risk keeping it after the warranty ran out. Lovely car but just to risky for me. I think I got a Friday car.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mine has done this maybe 3 times - different places, different directions etc, but only when I lock it. Generally I press it a couple of times, start to walk back to the car, press the boot button, then it works and I close the boot and lock the car. Bit odd but seems pointless taking it in when its done it ~3 times in the last ~10 months, considering it manages to work at least 4 times a day every day...

·
Registered
39,141 Posts
Mines just gone deaf when I got home. I've tried both keys, so it can't be the batteries. It's booked in for new antenna and frt suspension upper bushes , so I'd better get this looked at too...

·
Registered
39,141 Posts
I did . I just locked the car from the dash toggle switch , unlocked it , then when I got out and closed the door the remote worked!
My wife thought it was just " out of synch " . Let's see if it's back to normal .

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd put money on it that the problem some of us have with the tailgate lock's wiring is the issue. I bet a short is causing the boot lock not to open on some and the whole car not to lock on others....just a guess......

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'd put money on it that the problem some of us have with the tailgate lock's wiring is the issue. I bet a short is causing the boot lock not to open on some and the whole car not to lock on others....just a guess......
Your almost certainly right for my money...but I would guess the "experts" at the dealership will say it's something else !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts