Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My remote central locking died suddenly prior to my rebuild, both key fobs stopped working at the same time. The central locking still works, boot unlocks etc.

Does anyone know how I go about sorting this? Is there are there an auto electrician in the Southampton area or near who can sort this? Cheers.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loz did my rebuild, doesn't seem optimistic it can be fixed :depressed:

Reactions: pendragonfalls

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Is there an antenna that picks up the signal from the fobs?

If both fobs stopped working at once, but the central locking still operates, then that would be pointing at the common link between fobs and the central locking system being at fault right?

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Is there an antenna that picks up the signal from the fobs?
it's an open ended wire hanging from the bodycomputer.....
I guess you could try a reset of the bodycomputer (disconnect negative lead of battery for half hour or so....)
Easy to try, and can't hurt ;)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
it's an open ended wire hanging from the bodycomputer.....
I guess you could try a reset of the bodycomputer (disconnect negative lead of battery for half hour or so....)
Easy to try, and can't hurt ;)
Safe to assume this has happened when the engine was pulled out for a rebuild?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Safe to assume this has happened when the engine was pulled out for a rebuild?
No actually it suddenly stopped before I knew the gasket was leaking.

Edit: Oh and shes had a new battery since so will have been disconnected for at least 30 mins (was completely dead).

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
In that case you probably have to re-program your keys, using either the dealer or MES (MultiEcuScan)
You need to (re)program all your available keys in one go, and it requires the security code....

Description from MES :
This function allows the programming of remote controls in the Body Computer. Follow the instructions on screen and make sure you have ALL remote controls (up to 8) before starting the procedure.
WARNING: Do not run this procedure if you don't know what you are doing! Make sure YOU HAVE ALL REMOTE CONTROL KEYS as you will have to program ALL of them into the Body Computer.
WARNING: You will also need to enter the electronic key code of your vehicle in order to execute this function. You can find this code on your vehicle's CODE CARD. Please be careful and note that the Body Computer will block itself for 30 minutes after an incorrect code is entered 3 times.
NOTE: You may run this function in test mode to see how it works. Basically, you have to do the following:
1. Start the function
2. The system will ask if you want to program RC1, and after you confirm you will have 15 seconds to press and hold a button on that RC. After that the system will confirm if the recognition of the key is successfull.
3. The system will ask if you want to programm RC2, and if you confirm you'll have to proceed the same way as in step 2. This procedure can be repeated for up to 8 remote controls.
4. The system will finally confirm to body computer that all remote controls are programmed and will display a status of the whole procedure.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
No actually it suddenly stopped before I knew the gasket was leaking.

Edit: Oh and shes had a new battery since so will have been disconnected for at least 30 mins (was completely dead).
Apologies, I meat that the battery had been disconnected for at least 30 mins during the engine swap!

Wouldn't for a second be accusing Loz of breaking it ;)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In that case you probably have to re-program your keys, using either the dealer or MES (MultiEcuScan)
You need to (re)program all your available keys in one go, and it requires the security code....

Description from MES :
This function allows the programming of remote controls in the Body Computer. Follow the instructions on screen and make sure you have ALL remote controls (up to 8) before starting the procedure.
WARNING: Do not run this procedure if you don't know what you are doing! Make sure YOU HAVE ALL REMOTE CONTROL KEYS as you will have to program ALL of them into the Body Computer.
WARNING: You will also need to enter the electronic key code of your vehicle in order to execute this function. You can find this code on your vehicle's CODE CARD. Please be careful and note that the Body Computer will block itself for 30 minutes after an incorrect code is entered 3 times.
NOTE: You may run this function in test mode to see how it works. Basically, you have to do the following:
1. Start the function
2. The system will ask if you want to program RC1, and after you confirm you will have 15 seconds to press and hold a button on that RC. After that the system will confirm if the recognition of the key is successfull.
3. The system will ask if you want to programm RC2, and if you confirm you'll have to proceed the same way as in step 2. This procedure can be repeated for up to 8 remote controls.
4. The system will finally confirm to body computer that all remote controls are programmed and will display a status of the whole procedure.
Thanks, think this might be a bit beyond me. Will discuss with Autolusso.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks, think this might be a bit beyond me. Will discuss with Autolusso.
if it isn't the arial having been disconnected try Cromwell a member on here who's an autolocksmith and is on the South coast somewhere I believe. You aren't a new member so you should be able to PM him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts