Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Ladies and Gentlemen, a really naive question.....I am really considering getting my 2.4 remapped but what is putting me off is the thorny issue of insurance! Does everyone who has had a remap let their insurance know? If not has anyone come unstuck by keeping "stumm"? As it's technically a modification it should be declared...advice/experiences please? Thanks a lot

·
Registered
37,369 Posts
Okay Ladies and Gentlemen, a really naive question.....I am really considering getting my 2.4 remapped but what is putting me off is the thorny issue of insurance! Does everyone who has had a remap let their insurance know? If not has anyone come unstuck by keeping "stumm"? As it's technically a modification it should be declared...advice/experiences please? Thanks a lot
You should really tell them.

However I haven't heard of an insurance company not paying up myself.

How would they check anyway? Even if they could be bothered to...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Ive recently had a remap but forgot about the insurance issue and put a thread on here..... followed the suggestion of trying the quote out on a comparison site like confused.co etc to see the effect. Mine didnt have much or any affect and to be honest.

I think most of the big name quotes were less than I paid last year:) but im yet to receive my renewal and do it for real yet!

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
I kept quiet when I had the remap done on my old cars... ;)
Its veeeery difficult for them to check a non-physical modification.

·
Registered
197 Posts
There are only 3 ways they can tell:
To test the ECU with appropriate software
To stick it on a rolling road
To have an experienced driver try it out.

All VERY unlikely;)

Although a fourth one would be for someone to grass on you:lol:

C

·
0 Posts
Tell your insurance company, you will be crying your eyes out (if) you experience a total loss and they find out and dont pay up; which is fair enough!

Its not that much of a hike on the premium

1 - 6 of 6 Posts