Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so anyway thought id start to learn winOLS what a steep learning curve

watched many videos on youtube around VAG's but the edc16 on our diesels are different and the maps seem to be harder for me to pick out......

for instance drivers wish maps egr maps yes easy. then the video stated i need to find the torque limiting map on vag was very easy and right next to the egr maps...

but i cannot find it, i can find many other limiting maps but not the limiter for barometric/ambient pressure

i would like to follow the guide i am using in order so i dont miss anything so any advice or guidelines would be great :)

cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
right i have found files that arent showing up in winOLS as a map but i know they are due to seeing other maps..

they are the egr hysteresis maps i can select them but cannot get them into the "my maps" section on the left

i have tried "w" and "m" and a curser with ctrl but win ols wants to put it into a 3 column map for some reasons and its just not working out

am i missing something ??

·
Registered
517 Posts
You can add a custom map using [Edit], [Insert/delete window], [Insert new map]
Then you can either manually insert the hex offsets or put the cursor on them in the hex dump and use the 'from hex dump' option in the map properties window.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also started learning WinOLS and at the start I already have difficulties to recognize the maps inside.
Can anybody give me some instruction/guidelines?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it just takes time mate, and ive spent less than id of liked... join some forums look at the guides..... then side by side some maps with the maps already in the MY MAPS section then copy that over to another file. this will teach you the shapes etc... there is also guides on you tube one guy has about 80 videos startign with edc15 then moving on to 16 they are for vag but it doesnt matter

·
Registered
855 Posts
had a play today with winols, with egr hysteresis maps.
watched few of videos.
on alfa/fiat edc16c39 egr hysteresis maps are 1 * 25 and the axis data are slightly different from vag - i think.
i have managed to select them as a map with - shift K.
hope that helps.
im in the process of deleting egr and dpf - i hope.
cheers

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you download 'ECU safe' you can remove the dpf and egr much quicker.

A map pack is a file saved with tables for the map stored in it that can be imported to give you instant access to them in the file you want to work on.

Map files are either 1MB or 2MB depending of if they are C9 or C39 respectively and usually saved with a BIN extension (binary). OLS files are files saved from WinOLS in project format rather than as a binary file, so all the details of the tables in the map are stored in the file for instant access when you open it. You can not write an OLS file to an ECU, you must export it as a BIN.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Map packs are called Damos.
I've just amended my map - egr is off and dpf switched off too.
Now i just need to grow balls to flash the ecu. 40mins is a long time. I could have invested in BDM100, but unless ecu is bricked - i wont do it.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
On a side note... don't use ECUSafe for removing DPF. Along with DPF it deletes every fault code path in the ECU. That is really not cool. :)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
No, it's not good EGR off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok I got to the stadium of importing Dammos file and I got a huge list of maps in the left three.
Could somebody please give some push or instruction what are the most common maps for modifying for example in edc15c7? :confused:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts