Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. Have to ask questions as I don't know the answers to this one.

Ok, Remapping a 147 twinny 1.6.
Don't give me all that flannel about its not worth it etc,etc, I'm confused as to how its done, that's all.:)
So, a guy with a laptop, plugs it into my OBD socket and then throws a map down the copper strings to my ECU, telling it that it needs less/more/blah.
That sound about right?

Does it get driven on the road/rolling road?
Does it take into account any mods?

Whats the going rate for a remap?

·
Vendor
46,140 Posts
From memory you can write to that particular ECU using the OBD port but not read the original file through OBD. Most tuners will backup the original file first, so they will take the ECU off the car and save the original file, then write the new one, the refit the ECU.

Use of rolling road, taking into account mods & the going rate are all pretty variable. Its like asking the going rate for a steak in London. Price depends on if its an 8oz rump in Barnet or a 16oz fillet in Knightsbridge.

Reactions: Egon

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
you have to short ecu pins to put it in boot mode to flash the ecu off the top of my head i think its pin 20 to ground. but check before hand as that maybe for virginizing the ecu immo . been a while since i looked it all up

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. I will investigate further and see whats what with getting it done.
Still playing with ideas and turbochargers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts