Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I lowered my GT and will have it remapped in the beginning of March, I need new discs and pads all round from experience should I opt for branded standard discs ( can get Delphi at cost price) or should I use a combination of drilled and grooved discs with fast road pads?

Going for a 200bhp tune, so looking to hear from you guys that have remapped the JTD and what your thoughts are on standard braking afterwards?

Best Regards

·
Vendor
46,347 Posts
Delphi discs are fine. Get Performance Friction carbon metallic pads - these are pretty much the best that money can buy - also with that remap you want to be getting the EGR physically blanked and mapped out of the ECU at the same time.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Brakes will depend how you drive. What one person likes another will hate.

There must be a minimum of 50 threads and 1,000 answers to this question.

Use the search function and you will have hours of reading.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Delphi discs are fine. Get Performance Friction carbon metallic pads - these are pretty much the best that money can buy - also with that remap you want to be getting the EGR physically blanked and mapped out of the ECU at the same time.
I have already blanked off both ends of the egr and its being written out when remapped :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Don't waste money on drilled or grooved discs, plain are perfectly adequate for road use - quieter too!

Spend the money you save on braided hoses and new fluid.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Drilled and grooved look great but next time I shall stick to just drilled because the grooves do make an 'orrible noise!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drilled and grooved look great but next time I shall stick to just drilled because the grooves do make an 'orrible noise!
never realised that grooved discs were noisy thanks for that :thumbup: will look at good standard stuff then

·
Registered
387 Posts
i have drilled and grooved discs and they make the same noise as the airbus landing
thinking to swap them with the normal ones

1 - 8 of 8 Posts