Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Who has actually had their 3.2 V6 GT remapped by Red Dot?

I'm in two minds and would love to hear some opinions.

She seems fast enough for me at the moment, and to be honest, remaps aren't always that helpful. Leaning off top ends etc.

Anyone?:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
This one would be best in the Tuning forum located within the Technical Lounge.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Guys,

Who has actually had their 3.2 V6 GT remapped by Red Dot?

I'm in two minds and would love to hear some opinions.

She seems fast enough for me at the moment, and to be honest, remaps aren't always that helpful. Leaning off top ends etc.

Anyone?:thumbs:
GTA Jim has had his flying machine remapped by Red Dot the other week, its now on afterburners:lol:

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
I don't think it's the same engine as the GTA's.

The 3.2's in the GT are the newer style JTS????

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I don't think it's the same engine as the GTA's.

The 3.2's in the GT are the newer style JTS????
It's exactly the same engine as in the GTA. The only difference is the mapping...

The GT 3.2 is basically a 147 GTA.

The 3.2 JTS are only in the 159, Brera and spider.

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Ahh, I thought the GT had the JTS 3.2 too.

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
And don't expecl it to have the full BHP as quoted by Alfa.
I think its only the 2.0 JTS that suffers this problem. All cars lose a few bhp with age, as much as 10% by the end of their life even with everything working as it should, but most come from the factory with the power they are quoted..

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
I think its only the 2.0 JTS that suffers this problem. All cars lose a few bhp with age, as much as 10% by the end of their life even with everything working as it should, but most come from the factory with the power they are quoted..
Except mine :rant: :cheese: 1200miles = 20bhp less. :tut:

The guy I spoke to at the red dot meet says that all the JTS engines are underpowered, 2.0 2.2 3.2 but the 1.9 was quite good :confused:

Not that I'm bitter about the whole thing. :p

I'm complaining to ARUK though and trading standards if I don't get any where. Prob a waste of time but you never know. :D

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
When I was talking to Augusto about the 3.0 V6 engine he said most he'd seen make 211-214bhp at the flywheel, from a standard of 220bhp.. But these aren't new engines, these are mostly older engines, so carbon build-up etc will have taken its toll, spark plugs won't be fresh, there will be more friction due to age.. I just don't think it's a characteristic of Alfa Romeo to over-egg all their engines. The CF2 Twin Sparks all seem to pretty much bang-on claimed figures, but I've heard of CF3 Twinnies not making as much as the claimed figures, even though the claimed figues were reduced when they introduced the pre-cats.. All I'm saying is that you can't lump all engines in the same basket. You should definitely take it up with Alfa Romeo though, its just not on.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I think Autodelta bench tested the 3.2 JTS and it was bang on 260, was just massive transmission losses that made it seem less

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's exactly the same engine as in the GTA. The only difference is the mapping...

The GT 3.2 is basically a 147 GTA.
But strangely enough, a remapped GT still hasn't got the same power as a remapped GTA....Exhaust is different too, mayby that's causing the differences in power.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope. Exhaust is the same. I stood under a GT 3.2, examined the exhaust system..........then, walked three metres, and stood under a GTA.............exactly the same from what I could see. Oh, and confirmed by Chris at Autolusso.

You have a point though, does anyone actually know the exact differences between a 3.2 in a GT and the one in a GTA?

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
You have a point though, does anyone actually know the exact differences between a 3.2 in a GT and the one in a GTA?
Which GTA are you talking about? 156 or 147? As the 156 and 147 have different exhaust systems due to the cars being different lengths.

Could be. Also the ECU mapping could be different.

Or there could be no differences at all, Alfa might just have published 250bhp for the GTA and 240bhp for the 3.2 in other cars. We know from r/r sessions a lot of GTAs have fallen short of the mark, a few have been known to have the timing set incorrectly from the factory.. :hmm:

·
Registered
249 Posts
DO IT !!!

I got my 3.0 V6 GTV remapped at the meet and went from 218 to 230 BHP and from 155 - 178 Torque :) feels great

1 - 18 of 18 Posts