Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you :)
I own the 135 hp version with no upgrades.
I am considering adding a racing chip or remaping the engin software.
My concern is with the multiair enging which is known to be problematic.

Did anyone upgraded his 135?
Would u recomend doing it?

Thank you for ur help :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have done it on my 135 using a micro spider tuning box and its fantastic. I used an alfaowner discount code and got £75 OFF and got it for £180.

I was going to supply a link but the website seems to be timing out at the moment.

I have still to do a review on it, but its been 2 weeks and its going great.

its as if all the gears have shifted, 2nd is unbelievably quick 3rd is like how 2nd used to be, 4th like 3rd etc etc......5th gear has so much pull now and makes for easy motorway driving.

The engine is so much more flexible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you!

Did you remap or add an exterior chip?
Who did you consult before doing it?

Can you put a link to the product?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi the servers are down over the weekend it says for maintenance, they do chips for the petrol versions which is the one i have. Plugs into 2 different sensors (Map sensors) and can be adjusted from econemey to race mode.

Both spider tuning boxes and TMC tuning boxes are highly rated on these forums for what they are....biggest advantage to them is that they are removable!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi the servers are down over the weekend it says for maintenance, they do chips for the petrol versions which is the one i have. Plugs into 2 different sensors (Map sensors) and can be adjusted from econemey to race mode.

Both spider tuning boxes and TMC tuning boxes are highly rated on these forums for what they are....biggest advantage to them is that they are removable!!
there's currently a TMC 2nd hand tuning box on ebay at the mo' .worth a watch, I currently run a bluespark on mine and on the abarth, works a treat .

D

·
0 Posts
there's currently a TMC 2nd hand tuning box on ebay at the mo' .worth a watch, I currently run a bluespark on mine and on the abarth, works a treat .
Totally agree, the TMC is the weapon of choice on the Abarth forum but i'm hearing good things about the blue spark box :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you have a multiAir engine as well?
what version?

why did you choose a chip instead of remapping?

·
Registered
33 Posts
do you have a multiAir engine as well?
what version?

why did you choose a chip instead of remapping?
I currently have a 1.4 mito 135 veloce with a bluespark fitted.,

Choose a chip:
1) cheaper
2) removable at any time
3) once remapped its there , unless you write over the map or reset, and theres a cost to that
4) the chip can be put back in at any time.
5) small amount of different settings available with the blue spark 5, in total, ranging from better economy to more torque ,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I have had my 135 TB remapped by DVR at Gilesgate Durham and they made a cracking job of it, it now puts out 160hp and a whooping 300nm of torque and it pulls like a train in all gears, but a word of warning , the gearbox can only handle around 320 nm of torque. As well as being a lot faster the car drives better and is much more responsive especially in N mode. I cant recommend it highly enough it turned a good car into a great car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, I have had my 135 TB remapped by DVR at Gilesgate Durham and they made a cracking job of it, it now puts out 160hp and a whooping 300nm of torque and it pulls like a train in all gears, but a word of warning , the gearbox can only handle around 320 nm of torque. As well as being a lot faster the car drives better and is much more responsive especially in N mode. I cant recommend it highly enough it turned a good car into a great car.
Can you give some info, I have looked at cant find a DVR or it's hard to find in google. How much did they charge and did they RR after?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can you give some info, I have looked at cant find a DVR or it's hard to find in google. How much did they charge and did they RR after?
Hi, the email address is [email protected] and phone number is 01913864370,, yes they put car on Dyno and you get a before and after print out, as far as I remember it cost around £300- £350. But in my opinion it is well worth it because it is a bespoke programme for your car which allows the best performance but within safe parameters and when they are finished you can hardly believe the difference the first time you drive your car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
320NM if you have the TCT box.

If you have the 5 speed C510 box, it.s got a 210NM limit, and the 135 engine puts out 206NM on the 5sp box and 230NM on the TCT. That is from Alfa's specs.

Now, i have the manual 5 speed 135 and I can tell you for sure that Fiat Multiecuscan logged 230NM during a run as peak torque, so i dunno really...

Anyway, I have been running a Powerjet 3 set to max (9) for over a year and 8k miles and no worries so far. Setting 9 means, per Novitec, more than 170bhp and 280NM.

So i guess what this means is either the 210NM limit is baloney, or I am lucky and the 30% extra torque I am running is still in the extra engineering margin provided by the box. As otherwise i think it would have blown until now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, the email address is [email protected] and phone number is 01913864370,, yes they put car on Dyno and you get a before and after print out, as far as I remember it cost around £300- £350. But in my opinion it is well worth it because it is a bespoke programme for your car which allows the best performance but within safe parameters and when they are finished you can hardly believe the difference the first time you drive your car.
Thank you :)

My concern is for the engine to not sustain the extra power. The MA engine is well known for his sensitivity to break down. In Israel we have to replace THE WHOLE UNIT! it's about 1200 pounds costs.
Is there any concern by the workshop the engine won't endure the extra power?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
320NM if you have the TCT box.

If you have the 5 speed C510 box, it.s got a 210NM limit, and the 135 engine puts out 206NM on the 5sp box and 230NM on the TCT. That is from Alfa's specs.

Now, i have the manual 5 speed 135 and I can tell you for sure that Fiat Multiecuscan logged 230NM during a run as peak torque, so i dunno really...

Anyway, I have been running a Powerjet 3 set to max (9) for over a year and 8k miles and no worries so far. Setting 9 means, per Novitec, more than 170bhp and 280NM.

So i guess what this means is either the 210NM limit is baloney, or I am lucky and the 30% extra torque I am running is still in the extra engineering margin provided by the box. As otherwise i think it would have blown until now.
did u know about this before the extra 30% boost you added?
What is the TCT box?

·
Registered
29 Posts
No not when I got the remap done because experienced workshops will keep the parameter changes within the safe limits, but if you fit a generic tuning box you wont get this safety provision.

D

·
0 Posts
No not when I got the remap done because experienced workshops will keep the parameter changes within the safe limits, but if you fit a generic tuning box you wont get this safety provision.
Thats why the tuning boxes are set up to your individual car, when buying these the seller should ask for your engine number, this allows them to set the box to your engine. i've used them and never had any issues or EML on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts