Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Question for any Alfa techies on here perhaps?

I've been considering a remap for my 1.9 Diesel GT.

However I recently got a recall letter about changing the ECU - something to do with the ABS/Traction control not working properly with the space saver tyre on. My dealer doesn't know when the new part will be in.......

The question - if I have it re mapped will I lose my remap if it then goes in for the recall? I have no idea if it's the same ECU even.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I think you've just answered your own question... either wait until you have the problem fixed, or never go to the recall. Does your dealer know if it's a new ecu or just a software upgrade?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi the recall is for the abs/vdc ecu. When you get a remap done they remap the engine ecu so they are not connected.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Confirmed, totally safe. I had the ABS recall done just before Xmas and innocently asked ny dealer if therefore my engine ecu had to be replaced. The answer was that the ABS ecu is totally independent from the engine ecu.

BTW my recall included both the ABS ecu and clutch pin

·
Registered
677 Posts
Worry over Mooky :)

Get them to take a look at the clutch pin too while it is in for the ABS recall.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys I won't worry about it.:D

I fixed the clutch pin myself when the clutch became disconnected after a week of use!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts