Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm driving alfa romeo 159 1.9 jtdm 8v.anyone know good garage in ireland to do chip tuning for this kind of engine?
This car is still on warranty (1 year left).
Thanks for all answers

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I have heard of Chippedeire before as well and got a quote of them for doing the GT, but went with the other guy as it was a boards.ie group buy.

zeus83 said:
Would you recommend to do remap or chip tuning after warranty?
It's up to you-even if something went wrong with the car, the remap wouldn't necessarily be spotted.

Or, you could possibily have the original map restored before taking it to a dealer.

But I'm only speculating-I'm wouldn't be confident that it wouldn't be spotted.

If it really bothers you, don't do it.

As a matter of interest, what do you expect to get out of the remap?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would like to get 140 - 150HP. 1.9 jtdm 8v with 120PS is Ok but after while you want little bit more.
I think that I will wait until my warranty expire.
would be possible to get around 140-150 HP ?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I'd imagine so..

Alfa Romeo 156 1.9 JTD 115 Stock Remapped »

Power (hp) 115 hp 145 hp
Power (kW) 86 kW 108 kW

Torque (Nm) 275 Nm 325 Nm
Torque (ft/lb) 203 ft/lb 240 ft/lb

Thats an example of the results supposedly for the 156 similiar powered diesel.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
If tis horses you want, then yes, a remap will almost certainly make you happy :).

I ask because when I had my GT remapped, I was more interested in more power/smoother delivery at lower revs as opposed to just 'speed'. This is due to the fact that I have to tackle a few very busy roundabouts as part of my daily commute, and 'take off' is sometimes an issue! Sadly, the remap doesn't seem to have made much difference on that score, but you can feel the extra power when you move up through the gears and it's a more of a hoot on open roads/motorways!

I'll be putting it on a rolling road soon, that should be interesting.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
This guy remapped my GT

www.autoremap.com

The Q2? You can live without it most of the time. But I am a sucker for mods on this car, so was always going to get it done, along with a remap, new suspension....

If you are at the meet in February, you can have spin if you like.

D

·
0 Posts
If you do map it budget for a shorter live span of the clutch etc that is the only downside due to the increases on the torque and bhp they have to handle.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Unless you really make use of the extra power, it's hardly likely to be an issue for the standard JTD map.

I'm not aware that the newer GTs with the 'Sport' (gives you 20bhp extra) button have upgraded clutches. From talking to Gerry Campbell before I had my map done, he didn't see any impact on the clutch etc. unless you were an aggressive driver (and the same would apply without a remap!).

D

·
0 Posts
Depends on the DMF to be honest if they are any way defective from new they will be shortend than on a standard set up. I have seen it happen. It was only a warning just incase it does happen there is always a dis advantage to every gain.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts