Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Remap evidence?

854 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Andy Bowden
Hello folks, my Giulia Veloce is in the shop today for some minor warranty work. They’ve loaned me a brand new Veloce, which I’ve just driven home in the manner one drives a hire car. Anyway, I swear mine feels quicker. Without any way of contacting the previous owner except by post, is there a way of knowing whether it’s had a map? Bonus if so, but I wasn’t aware of one. But mine is certainly more lively than this loaner.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
'17 Giulia Super Alfa Red and '15 Giulietta QV Squadra Corse (No 9 of 100)
97 Posts
I think you've answered your question in your post.

The loaner is shagged as it's been used and abused by other people like you....and indeed, you... 😂 ;) (y)

You probably also took the short cut through the farm on the way home... didn't you...?:unsure::oops:

· Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you've answered your question in your post.

The loaner is shagged as it's been used and abused by other people like you....and indeed, you... 😂 ;) (y)

You probably also took the short cut through the farm on the way home... didn't you...?:unsure::oops:
Bloody hell, if a ‘72 plater with 3k miles on the clock is shagged already……🤣

· Registered
43,426 Posts
I had a Giulia as a loancar and the wheels were in an unbelievable mess, the service book only had a stamp for the PDI done at the docks. The local Alfa dealer now has a disclaimer on their used cars with “multiple users”.

· Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,651 Posts
At 3,000 miles, there might still be some power/torque limiter in effect. Manufacturers these days claim running-in is unnecessary, but some prevent full beans being used until a few miles have been clocked up. I would not have expected that to need more than 1,000miles though, but you never know.

Surely, the real problem would be if you thought the loan car was performing better than yours?

· Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At 3,000 miles, there might still be some power/torque limiter in effect. Manufacturers these days claim running-in is unnecessary, but some prevent full beans being used until a few miles have been clocked up. I would not have expected that to need more than 1,000miles though, but you never know.

Surely, the real problem would be if you thought the loan car was performing better than yours?
Well quite. More than once I’ve had courtesy cars which are much nicer than my own. My old 159 was one once, so I bought it off the garage…

That’s why I was surprised. This new one has a few more bells and whistles than mine, given it’s a 2022 as opposed to my 2018, but I’m still itching to get mine back. Which is nice.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Well quite. More than once I’ve had courtesy cars which are much nicer than my own. My old 159 was one once, so I bought it off the garage…
I had similar when I took my 164 Busso from Worthing to St Leonards for a service from the garage I bought the 164 from. They gave me a 155 wide body as a courtesy car. I had so much fun driving to and from Worthing that I sold the 164 and bought a 155 Wide body. The only Alfa I really regret selling a couple of years later too.

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Not very often I hear someone singing the praises of a 155!

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Having gone from three 75s to two 156s, I don't think I missed much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts